If you think biting into a slice of heavenly cake will spin your healthy-living goals into the ether, I have great news for you! This Golden Gingerbread Cake recipe from Earth Echo Kitchen uses zero artificial ingredients, only natural sweeteners, and, thanks to the addition of Golden Superfood Bliss, even packs a calming, immune response-boosting punch.
The cake’s gorgeous color, indulgent texture, and warming flavor satisfies your desire for delectable desserts while helping you stay committed to your goals. I know you’re going to love this one, so get out your bag of Golden Superfood Bliss (or order it here) and get baking! Leave me a comment below to let me know what you think of this delicious recipe.
Golden Gingerbread Cake Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Earth Echo Kitchen
Prep time: 10 minutes/Cook time: 40 minutes/Yields: 4-5 servings
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 scoops Golden Superfood Bliss
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup brown coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large cage-free egg*
- 1/2 cup almond milk*
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, mix almond flour, Golden Superfood Bliss, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well combined, and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, add melted butter, coconut sugar (brown sugar), maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk until well combined.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients a little at a time and mix with spatula. Finally, add almond milk and combine well. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the prepared cake batter into the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes in the pre-heated oven until the cake springs back up when touched or a knife comes out clean.
7. Once the cake is done, let it sit on the counter or a wire rack for 10 minutes or until cool. Dust the sliced cake with Golden Superfood Bliss for added flavor.
Note: *Make sure these ingredients are at room temperature.
Need some GOLDEN SUPERFOOD BLISS? ORDER HERE.
You may also be interested in: