Chocolate and mint are THE perfect combo any time of the year, but especially during the holidays. If you’re a fan of these flavors, fire up your oven because this ever-dynamic duo takes center stage in the Healthy Cacao Mint Cookies recipe I’m about to share with you below.
Made with all-natural ingredients and sweeteners, plus our exclusive cacao superfood blend, Cacao Bliss, this recipe is even — dare I say it? — good for you! You’ll never miss the processed white sugar or unhealthy fillers found in most holiday cookie recipes.
Check out the video to see how they come together, then place your order for Cacao Bliss so you can healthy-up your holiday dessert table and dazzle your taste buds.
Healthy Cacao Mint Cookies
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cage-free egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dark chocolate chips
- Organic candy canes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the nut butter, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and maple syrup together until thoroughly combined. Add the peppermint and vanilla extracts and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Cacao Bliss, baking soda, and salt to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a spatula or wooden spoon to combine. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet. Then press down with heel of hand making roughly 2-inch round cookies. Press a few dark chocolate chips into each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are firm to the touch and soft on the inside. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- For topping, melt 2 cups of dark chocolate chips in a bowl and crush 2-3 organic candy canes in a separate bowl. Dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate, then into crushed candy canes (optional).
Be sure to get stocked up on Cacao Bliss so you’re ready for all your holiday baking this season!
You may also be interested in: