I want to share my favorite healthy cookie recipe with you! Cookies are one of my favorite treats and I've been experimenting with different cookie recipes for a while trying to find one that satisfies my dessert craving while also being made from healthier ingredients. And I've finally found the recipe I keep going back to. These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are gluten-free, vegan, and made with nourishing ingredients you can actually feel good about!
I cannot stop making these cookies and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
My Favorite Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or your favorite Chocolate Bliss Bites, chopped up
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the nut milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the almond flour, buckwheat, arrowroot powder, and baking soda to the bowl. Mix just until no dry streaks remain. You don't want to overmix it.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll it into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 13-24 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.