Soup is a favorite dish for many people no matter the season, but it seems like autumn gets everyone in the mood for simple but nourishing suppers made of soups and salads. If you’re nodding your head in agreement, you’re going to LOVE this recipe.
One of my ultimate favorite fall soups is Butternut Squash because the squash is high in antioxidants and is also full of vitamins A and C, plus magnesium and potassium. When mixed into a soup and enhanced with the secret ingredient I’ll share in just a second, this soup is thick and creamy, and the squash, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper make it a gorgeous, rich color. It feels like fall every time you dip your spoon into Butternut Squash soup.
For this recipe, I’ve taken a fall favorite and added the beauty-boosting properties of Earth Echo’s Collagen Peptides. Collagen is great for your hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints, and it may also help support gut health, which is imperative for your overall well being.
I have a feeling you’re not only going to love the flavor of this soup, but the health benefits too.
If you don’t already have some of Earth Echo’s easily dissolvable, flavorless Collagen Peptides, you can order yours HERE.
And please share this recipe out to your fall soup-loving friends. They (and I) will be so grateful!
Butternut Squash Collagen Soup
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 apple peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 serving collagen peptides
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss squash, onion, apple, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl until coated. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread out squash mixture. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
3. In a large pot over high heat, add the roasted squash mixture, nutmeg, cayenne, and chicken broth. Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, breaking up the ingredients with your spoon as it cooks.
4. Remove the mixture from the stove and add the Collagen Peptides and goat cheese. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender. Add butter or olive oil to taste and blend again. Taste once more and add more salt and pepper if needed. You may also place in a blender, processing it in small batches instead of using an immersion blender.
5. Serve hot.
You may also be interested in: