‘Tis the season for tasty treats, and this Healthy Holiday Zucchini Brownie recipe is sure to please even the fussiest dessert lover.
While spreads of Christmas cookies or holiday pies might get all the glory, you can still enjoy the tastes of the season without sacrificing your healthy-eating goals. And with the addition of Cacao Bliss, featuring ceremonial-grade raw cacao enhanced with 7 potent superfoods, you’ll get an extra dose of healthy nutrients to help you run full speed ahead during this busy season.
What’s more, these healthy zucchini brownies store well, so you can make them ahead of time and stash them in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to serve (and indulge)! They also make great gifts.
Check out this easy recipe and let me know below if you’re going to add these to your seasonal spread and celebrate with sabotaging your healthy-living goals.
Healthy Holiday Zucchini Brownie
- 2 cups zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cacao Bliss
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oat flour
1. Place grated zucchini in a colander while you are getting other ingredients ready. Preheat oven to 375ºF and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add egg, oil, maple syrup and pure vanilla extract; whisk to combine. Add cacao powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk until well mixed.
3. Give zucchini a gentle squeeze but do not ring out completely; add to bowl and stir. Add flour and mix gently until combined.
4. Transfer batter into the prepared baking dish and level with spatula. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the center is barely jiggly. Do not over-bake as brownies will have more of a cake consistency. A toothpick inserted has to come out somewhat clean, but not completely clean. If center is too jiggly, bake a bit more – ovens vary.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for about an hour. Lift by the parchment paper flaps and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely. Cut into 16 squares.
Store: In a glass airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 4 days. You can refrigerate for up to a week, and freeze for up to 3 – 4 months.
Need some Cacao Bliss to make this yummy recipe? Order yours here and don’t forget to get extra for gifts!
You may also be interested in: