Wait until you see what member Holly Kerl of Spokane, Washington has in store for your taste buds today!
Holly's mouthwatering brownie recipe was chosen as a finalist in my Healthy Holiday Recipe Challenge last month and it's as healthy as it is delicious. All of my tribe sisters raved about it too and I'm so excited to share it with you!
Holly writes:“These would be excellent with about one tbsp. of fine espresso powder added to the 10 ounces of melted chocolate.”
Serving size: 1 square
- 10 ounces 70% or higher dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Cacao Bliss or raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces 70% or higher dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Cacao nibs to sprinkle on top (optional)
1. To make the brownies, preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping the sides.
3. Spray with coconut oil.
4. Melt 10 ounces dark chocolate on medium heat, add in coconut oil and coconut sugar and stir until smooth.
5. Remove from heat so it doesn’t burn.
6. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until light and frothy.
7. Stir in the Cacao Bliss, salt and arrowroot, mixing well to combine.
8. Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs, so they don’t start to cook. The mix will thicken, stir well to combine.
9. Pour into baking dish and gently tap it on the counter to remove any bubbles.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Do not overbake!
11. Set on a cooling rack and cool completely.
12. To make the ganache, melt chocolate on medium heat, add in coconut milk, and mix until smooth and shiny.
13. Pour on cooled brownies and sprinkle with cacao nibs if desired. Place in the refrigerator to harden for one hour.
14. Once chilled, cut into 12 squares.
Try not to eat them all at once!
Please feel free to add or replace whatever ingredients you want to make this recipe work perfectly for you.
Yours in health,
P.S. Please share this recipe with your friends and I always love reading your comments below.