There’s no question french fries are one of the most craved snack foods. But I think we can all agree they don’t do a thing to support your healthy-living lifestyle.
So what do you do when you want a baked snack that won’t sabotage your health goals?
Try these Baked Zucchini Fries.
Made with simple, clean ingredients and packed with flavor and a satisfying crunch, this Baked Zucchini Fries recipe pairs the nutrients and anti-oxidants of healthy veggies with a savory taste so delicious your taste buds won’t know what hit them.
Bonus: I’m including a recipe for a dipping sauce, too, so if you’re a fan of dipping your fries, you won’t have to sacrifice a thing.
Ready to make these? Here are the quick and easy directions:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian spice
Lemon Parsley Aioli Dipping Sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Slice the zucchini in half, then in half again, then into quarters. You should have 16 slices per zucchini.
3. Crack the egg in a small bowl and lightly beat it.
4. Add the parmesan and spices to a separate bowl and stir to combine.
5. Dip a slice of zucchini in the egg wash and transfer it to the parmesan. Use your other hand to coat the zucchini in the cheese and transfer it to the baking sheet. Repeat until all zucchini is coated.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through on the cut side and bake for another 15 minutes. For crispier fries, bake a few minutes longer. Serve immediately.
7. Mix all ingredients for the Lemon Parsley Aioli in a bowl.
You might also be interested in: