Ever wish you could just stop thinking about french fries? If so, you're not alone. After all, the average American eats 29 pounds of the salty side order every year.
I don't need to quote nutrition facts on french fries here. We all know they aren't the best way to fuel your body.
If you're someone who craves french fries this avocado fry fix could end your cravings for good! This yummy recipe hits the spot and you won't miss all the salt with a spicy, creamy dip to indulge your taste buds.
Avocado Fries with Sweet Chipotle Dip
- 3 firm avocados
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oat flour or almond meal
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Cut avocados into “fry sized” wedges.
3. In one bowl add 1/2 cup oat flour or almond meal.
4. In separate bowl, beat 2 eggs until blended.
5. Add salt and pepper to the eggs.
6. Dip avocado slices into egg (one slice at a time) then directly place them in the flour making sure they are completely covered.
7. Place avocado fries on parchment-covered baking sheet, evenly spaced.
8. Bake for 25 minutes (or until brown)m flipping them once.
9. Serve hot.
Sweet Chipotle Dip
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (I like Fage 0%)
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Serve in a dipping bowl. Enjoy!
And if you don't have any avocados handy….here's another french fry craving fix.
Yours in health,
P.S. Share this yummy recipe with your friends and I always love reading your comments below!