Looking for a cool treat to get you through the dog days of Summer?
I have you covered with this easy recipe that will even boost your mood!
Matcha has a unique flavor but most quickly develop a taste for it. It's not sickeningly sweet and will hit the spot on a Summer afternoon.
These popsicles are loaded with catechins which are some of the most powerful antioxidants you can get your hands on.
Matcha has been used by the Japanese for years for its calming effects produced by the L-Theanine found in the Matcha.
Another side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration – something that can benefit everyone!
Ideally, you'll use a popsicle mold but if you don't have one, an ice cube tray or even a small dixie cup will do the trick. Let's get right to making these Zen treats.
GREEN TEA COCONUT ZEN
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- About 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2-3 teaspoons culinary-quality matcha powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
1. In a large bowl, whisk coconut milk until smooth.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix about 1-2 tablespoons almond milk with 2 teaspoons matcha powder until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into coconut milk. Add honey and mix until smooth.
4. Taste and if a stronger matcha taste is desired, mix another teaspoon of matcha in a little almond milk until smooth and add to coconut milk mixture.
5. Add chia seeds if desired.
6. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 5 hours.
These have a unique flavor and Zen feeling that only matcha can provide and are wonderfully healthy. Enjoy!
Yours in Health,
P.S. I hope you will share this with your friends and I always welcome your comments below.
You may also be interested in: