Orange you glad you happened upon this tasty recipe? It's made with simple, real ingredients that are sure to be a hit!
HEALTHY ORANGE CHICKEN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cleaned + cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 ½ cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large frying pan, cook the cubed chicken in toasted sesame oil until the edges are brown and slightly crispy (approx 5-10 minutes).
2. As the chicken is cooking, stir together the sauce mixture in a separate bowl.
3. Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove it from the pan and place it off to the side in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the sauce mixture into the same pan you cooked the chicken in.
5. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so until it starts to thicken. (You will know it has thickened when you scrape the pan and it pulls away from the pan.)
6. When the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken back in and stir to coat the chicken.
7. Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans for a paleo option, or rice/quinoa.
ONE DAY MEAL PLAN: