Healthy recipes are generally not hard to find, but healthy recipes that have amazing flavor and can feed an entire family can be tough to come by.
That’s why when I came across this Lemon Thyme Chicken recipe, I knew I had to share it with you.
With green beans, artichoke hearts, lemon, and served with a side of quinoa, you’ll have a well-rounded, healthy meal the whole family can love. No one can accuse you of serving “bland” chicken ever again.
Artichokes Are Packed With Goodness
I love that this recipe includes artichokes, which are staples in the Meditteranean regions that have the highest life expectancies. This is no surprise because artichokes are remarkably healthy. Here are just a few nutrients they boast:
- Vitamin C
- Dietary fiber
Artichokes also have no fat and are high in antioxidants, making them a delicious and super-healthy addition to this recipe.
See below for the full Lemon Thyme Chicken recipe and feel free to share this with your friends who may be stuck in a dinner rut too.
And if you’re looking for hundreds of other healthy recipes using the healing foods your body loves and craves, I invite you to join my Fit Rise 365 community, risk-free. You’ll also get workouts for every fitness level and meditations that help solidify the mindset component for results that truly last. Follow this link for more information. I can’t wait to welcome you inside.
Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, halved and patted very dry
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
1. Heat oven to 425°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss green beans and 6 sprigs thyme with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper. Nestle artichokes onto pan, cut sides down, and roast on bottom rack in oven until tender and golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in an oven-safe skillet on medium. Season chicken with a 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Add lemon, cut side down, and remaining 6 thyme sprigs to skillet. Transfer skillet to oven along with vegetables and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 9 minutes more. Serve with artichokes and green beans, plus cooked quinoa seasoned however you like. Yum!
ONE DAY MEAL PLAN:
You may also be interested in: