Do you think “healthy living” when you hear someone say “chicken nuggets?”
A certain clown has really given them a bad name. Of course, all chicken (and hence, all nuggets) are not created equally.
This recipe redeems these tasty bite sized snacks. They are packed with protein and a very healthy option.
Best of all they are juicy and delicious!
Just make sure you skip the ketchup and reach for a clean condiment instead. I like to dip these in my zesty yogurt sauce.
Crispy Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Cube chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place flour, egg, and quinoa in 3 separate bowls.
4. Coat chicken with almond flour, dip in egg, shake off any excess and coat with quinoa. Press the quinoa lightly to make it stick to the chicken.
5. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Lightly spray nuggets with olive or coconut oil.
7. Bake 25 – 35 minutes until golden and cooked thoroughly.
Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please share this recipe with your friends and I always enjoy reading your comments below.
You may also be interested in: