St. Patrick's Day calls for green everything and just like any Mom, I like to make a fun treat for my girls on such occasions.
These pancakes get their green the all natural way.
Here's how I do it without the green dye. Brace yourself. I replace the dye with fresh spinach. Seems like a the best swap ever, right?
Don't like spinach? Don't worry, this recipe masks the spinach flavor nicely.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Cinnamon to taste
1. Run the ingredients in your blender or food processor (if needed, add a bit more oatmeal until you get a batter consistency).
2. Cook in a coconut oiled skillet.
3. For even more fun, top them with coconut whipped cream.
Don't let all this fun fool you, these are some seriously good grown-up pancakes! Top them with some plain Greek yogurt and fruit (kiwi if you're going all green) for a tasty, filling breakfast.
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please share this recipe and let me hear from you in the comments below. Do you love making and eating seasonal treats?
You may also be interested in: