If you love Chinese take-out but want a a healthier option this recipe is just for you!
Quinoa is a much better option than white sticky rice and MSG is in a lot of Chinese take-out. MSG is a preservative that you want to avoid always!
You can add shrimp or chicken if you want to but this recipe has plenty of protein and flavor as it is.
Skinny Quinoa Veggie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
2. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once.
3. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
5. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
7. Add corn, peas, carrots, and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
8. Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly until heated through, about 2 minutes.
9. Stir in green onions and eggs.
10. Serve immediately, with Sriracha, if desired.
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please feel free to share this recipe with your friends and I love reading your comments below.
You might also be interested in: