I like to keep it simple and clean up from dinner is no exception!
If you're an avid reader of my blog you will notice that most of my recipes are super quick and that I like to keep the cookware to a minimum.
I don't like to skimp of taste either and my Tangy Mexican Quinoa Skillet recipe is bursting with delightful flavor.
Pile everything in one pan and voila, dinner is served – even the quinoa is cooked right in the pan!
Mexican Quinoa Skillet
Yields 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and jalapeno, cook stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Top with avocado, lime juice, and cilantro.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is wonderfully light, healthy and nutritious. And it's as easy to make as it is to eat!
Yours in Health,
You may also be interested in: