Do you remember making ice cream with your parents or grandparents?
They had that old time ice cream churner and all us kids were always so excited when Grandpa would bring it out from the pantry.
Did your siblings always start shouting out their favorite flavors too?!
I've always wondered if that's where the phrase “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream” started.
These are fond memories I had growing up and here's what I do when my family wants a cool, sweet and satisfying treat.
We do different flavors throughout the seasons but in December we all seem to agree that peppermint just tastes the most like Christmas!
My recipe is a lot healthier than the classic you may be used to but I think once you try it, you'll agree there's not a lot of sacrifices being made here to have a fun delicious sweet treat.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or original almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (or any flavoring extract you prefer)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
1. Mix everything together in a blender; pour in a sandwich-sized bag.
2. Fill a gallon size half bag with ice.
3. Add 1/2 cup table salt.
4. Place the small bag into the large bag and seal.
5. Shake the bag vigorously for 5 minutes.
6. Remove bag, rinse salt off bag and serve.
7. You can serve with crushed peppermint candy.
This is super fun for family and kids.
Hope you and your family enjoy this fun healthy treat as much as my family and I do!
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please share this with your friends and I welcome your comments below.