I love fooling around in the kitchen with my girls! We don't get a lot of time to do it but when we do, the sky's the limit on what we might create.
If I can stress one thing about making healthy, delicious food, it would have to be to experiment and have fun with the ingredients YOU love most! For us, watermelon tops the list and I can't wait to thump a healthy ripe melon when I go to the Farmer's Market.
Here's an idea we had one day and now, we make it almost every time the girls have friends over during the Summer months.
One of my good friends even took a few of these to her office ‘pizza' party because she wanted to have fun with her co-workers but she didn't have room in her meal plans for fast food pizza. Needless to say, it was a hit!
Here's a good guideline but you can make this recipe your own by adding your own favorite “toppings.”
- ripe seedless watermelon – cut 1 inch thick as shown below
- 2-3 kiwis peeled and sliced (number of kiwis needed will vary)
- 20 organic blueberries (approximately)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- raw organic honey (optional)
1. Place the watermelon base on a piece of parchment paper, serving platter, or a pizza box for fun!
2. Arrange the assorted toppings evenly across the watermelon.
3. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
4. Drizzle with a bit of raw, organic honey if desired.
5. Slice into pie-shaped wedges.
6. Enjoy the smiles and the memories!
NOTE: The number of servings varies by the size of your watermelon and how large or small you cut the slices.
The idea with these particular ingredients is to have the kiwis look like pepperoni and the blueberries like black olives. The coconut sprinkles mimic the cheese and if your toppings slide around, add a touch of raw honey under fruit to help hold it in place. It won't have to stay in place long though. These get gobbled up quickly!
Yours in Health,
P.S. If you liked this please feel free to share it with your friends. I love reading your comments below too!
You may also be interested in: