If you get stars in your eyes every time you’re faced with the candy rack strategically positioned at nearly every checkout counter on the planet, do I have a recipe for you! This Healthy Chocolate Almond Bark recipe is easy enough to whip up at home and makes a batch large enough to eat some now and keep some on hand for future cravings. Now you can walk past that candy rack with zero temptation because you know what’s waiting for you at home.
Full of sweet, crunchy, and heart-healthy almonds, plus the good fats in coconut oil and the superfoods in Cacao Bliss, this “indulgent” snack is actually healthy. It won’t give you the crash a sugar-laden traditional candy bar would, nor is it full of empty calories and questionable ingredients. This chocolate almond bark is all natural… and all delicious!
For a sweet treat you can share or keep all to yourself, this Chocolate Almond Bark hits the mark. Will you be trying this recipe out? If you do, please let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
- ½ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
To roast the almonds:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Spread almonds over the sheet and drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Give almonds a toss and roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the counter.
5. Spread another baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ½ cup Cacao Bliss
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
To make the chocolate bark:
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan until it’s just melted. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Whisk in the Cacao Bliss and maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
3. Add ½ of the roasted almonds into the chocolate.
4. Spread onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the rest of the almonds and press into the chocolate.
5. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
6. Break the chocolate bark into small pieces. Enjoy!
You may also be interested in: