I'll say it again….you DO NOT have to give up your favorite foods to get healthy and release weight!
It's always fun to offer these Chocolate Truffles to friends because their reactions are priceless!
I hear a lot of….
“How do you keep your sports model figure eating indulgent treats like this?“
“You must only eat these once a year, huh?“
“Oh there's NO WAY these, are healthy! May I have another, though?“
I usually pop another one in my mouth and say…”YES! Healthy eating is SOOOO tough!” <–Note sarcasm.
Then I explain to them that you can totally indulge in rich, delicious flavors and still lose weight.
It's all a matter of learning the right combination of ingredients to achieve deliciously healthy treats. Here's a wonderful recipe for Chocolate Truffles from mayihavethatrecipe.com
Makes about 12 truffles
- 1/2 cup good quality chocolate chips (be sure they are at least 60% cacao)
- 1 tablespoon all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1/3 cup Cacao Bliss or raw cacao powder
1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 20-second intervals or on a double boiler over the stove.
2. While the chocolate is still warm, stir in almond butter and mix until well combined.
3. Carefully fold in greek yogurt, mix well and refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until it starts to harden.
4. Scoop 1 tablespoon at a time, form truffles into a ball, roll them in unsweetened cacao powder and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I love that these are completely guilt-free!
Mark my words, you will NEVER share these with a friend who does not then ask for this recipe. I always double the batch so I'll have plenty to spread the health.
Yours in Health,
You might also be interested in: