When you think of muffins, you probably don't think of healthy eating.
This recipe will change that.
You can absolutely enjoy muffins and other baked goodies as long as you use the right ingredients. I like to make these muffins and then freeze them.
They'll keep in the freezer for a few months. Perfect for breakfast on-the-go too.
SUPER HEALTHY BANANA
OAT FLAX MUFFINS
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (slow cook)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray muffin tray with non-stick spray, grease with coconut oil, or use muffin liners.
3. In a large-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. Peel and mash ripe bananas with a fork in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
5. Add in egg. Mix until egg is fully incorporated into the banana.
6. Add in melted coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
7. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined, but be careful not to over mix.
8. Pour batter into muffin tins about 1/3 full, if any muffin tins are left empty, fill those with water to ensure that the muffins bake evenly.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. The muffins may still feel like they are not cooked thoroughly.
10. Once they cool down, they should firm up. Let cool in muffin tins for 5 minutes.
11. Transfer to cooling rack to let cool before eating.
12. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze. Enjoy!
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please feel free to share this recipe with your friends and I welcome your comments below.
You may also be interested in: