If it seems like Ginkgo Biloba is the next big thing, then we have news for you.
Researchers say that the Ginkgo Biloba tree is the oldest tree species around! It’s also one of the oldest plant extracts to be used as a medicine.
The Chinese have been using it to treat a wide range of illnesses for centuries.
So what does Ginkgo Biloba do? It’s been praised for so many things that it’s hard to know where to start.
It’s a powerful antioxidant that helps the body build platelets. It boosts the efficiency of the circulatory system and eases the effects of asthma. Most important of all, it’s been proven to improve memory, mood, and energy.
The dose you take of Ginkgo Biloba depends on why you are taking it. Let’s look at all the benefits it offers.
Top 10 Things to Know About Ginkgo Biloba
1. It can help reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia. Studies have shown that adding Ginko Biloba in combination with other drug treatments can offer a big boost in the quality of life for people with memory loss.
2. It helps people concentrate and relieves fatigue and confusion. Scientists think it has this effect because it’s an anti-inflammatory, reducing stress and boosting circulation.
3. Relieves PMS symptoms.
Ginkgo has been shown to reduce headaches, mood swings, fatigue and pain.Tweet
4. It fights depression and worry. Research has shown that ginkgo helps cut the levels of stress hormones. It’s an adaptogen herb, which means it helps people cope with anxiety.
5. Treats ADHD. When taken with other medicines, ginkgo has been shown to improve concentration. It also reduces dyslexia symptoms. Some early studies have shown that it may also ease the behaviors seen in those on the autism spectrum.
6. Keeps your eyes healthy and your vision sharp. Ginkgo has been shown to improve blood flow to the eyes and fight damage to the cornea. It’s also been shown to lower the risk of macular degeneration.
7. It boosts libido. Ginkgo has been shown to improve hormonal balance. It can fight erectile dysfunction and low libido. It does this by dilating blood vessels.
8. Relieves symptoms of asthma. Ginkgo has been proven to lower inflammation and improve nerve function. This has helped those who suffer from asthma attacks to minimize their difficulty in breathing.
9. Gets rid of headaches, including migraines. Headaches and migraines are caused by blood vessels that contract. Ginkgo dilates blood vessels. It also combats stress that can cause headaches and migraines.
10. Helps the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a nervous system disorder that causes pain and fatigue. Ginkgo has been shown to decrease the pain and help victims sleep. It also reduces their depression.
Ginkgo Biloba is available as a tablet, a capsule, a liquid or a tea.
Dosage should be between 40 and 300 mg per day, with 40 mg best for people looking to treat pain and anxiety.
Cognitive improvements are seen at 120 mg per day. Higher levels are best for hormonal imbalances and mood disorders.
As with any herbal supplement you want to do your research and make sure you’re buying from a reputable company since supplements aren’t regulated for quality.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns you should always check with your doctor before taking something new.
Yours in health,
P.S. Please share this with your friends and I welcome your comments below.