We're all looking for something sweet and crunchy to munch on right?
This tasty treat is super quick and so easy and will satisfy a sweet tooth or a taste for something crunchy.
These pack a good protein punch and fill you up making for a satisfying snack.
I like to keep these on hand and enjoy them when I get the munchies.
They keep for quite awhile so I can make them ahead of time and snack on them on movie nights or when I just want a little snack before bed.
These are popular with the kids too so make a double batch!
Sweet & Crunchy Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
Yields: 3 – 4 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw, organic honey
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Rinse and drain the chickpeas thoroughly in a large strainer to remove the starch.
4. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and pat with paper towels until dry.
5. The drier the chickpeas, the crunchier they will be. It is okay if the skin of the bean peels off as you pat them dry.
6. Once 100% dry, place chickpeas in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and drizzle with olive oil and honey.
8. Using a large spoon or spatula, mix the beans around to make sure they are all evenly coated.
9. Sprinkle cinnamon over the beans. The beans are flavorless so be sure you coat them well with the cinnamon.
10. Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes. If you want them crunchier, turn off the oven and crack the door slightly.
11. Leave the beans inside as the oven cools down.
Yours in Health,
P,S. Feel free to share this healthy recipe with your friends and I always love reading your comments below.