I just love the Easter holiday! A celebration of rebirth and new life that brings families together.
Yes, I eat that traditional pineapple glazed ham just like most people and I don't have one bit of guilt as I enjoy every single bite.
We can't forget about the gorgeously colored eggs that are a staple at any Easter get together and my family always has a plate of deviled eggs on the holiday table. I like to bring this more colorful and healthier version of them and believe me, no one ever misses the mayo.
I have shared this recipe with many of my friends over the years and I want to share it with you and your family today. Just like all of my recipes, this one is quick to whip up and full of not only flavor, but plenty of nutrients as well.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime (or lemon) juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (plus several leaves for garnish)
- 1 serrano or 1/2 jalapeño chili pepper, minced (include the seeds for more heat, leave them out for less)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or green onion
1. Carefully peel the hard boiled eggs and cut them half lengthwise. Place them on a serving platter. Scoop out the cooked yolks and set aside.
2. Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
3. Use your fingers to break up one or two of the cooked egg yolks (2 to 4 halves) over the mashed avocado. (Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another use).
3. Sprinkle with lime juice and salt, and stir in the greek yogurt.
4. Stir in the chopped cilantro, serrano or jalapeño chili pepper, and chives.
5. Scoop a generous spoonful of the avocado mixture into each well of the hard boiled egg whites.
6. Top with a small sprig of fresh cilantro or some chopped chives.
Hope you enjoy the weekend no matter what you are celebrating!
Yours in Health,
P.S. I hope you will share this recipe with your friends and I always love reading your comments below.
You might also be interested in: