I just got back from Greece last week and if you've ever been there you know why I'm STILL thinking about their amazing food!
There's a reason people who live in Mediterranean countries are generally healthier, thinner and live longer than many other populations.
They eat seasonally, they eat locally and they use traditional cooking methods. A lot of their meals are community or family events.
This 7 Layer Dip offers up some of the best of the Mediterranean flavors. It's hearty, healthy and will be a hit at the party. A breeze to whip together too!
SKINNY 7 LAYER
- 8-ounce Hummus
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt ( I like Fage)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Kalamata olives, chopped (optional, for garnish)
1. In an 8×8 serving dish, spread hummus evenly on the bottom.
2. Layer the tomatoes and cucumber on top of hummus.
3. Gently spread Greek yogurt over tomatoes and cucumber using a rubber spatula.
4. Sprinkle sea salt and paprika over yogurt.
5. Next, make a layer of artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese.
6. Add parsley and garnish with kalamata olives.
7. Serve with fresh vegetables, cucumber rounds, and pepper strips for dipping.
Bring a taste of the Mediterranean to the next party you attend. No one will even suspect it's healthy because it's so flavorful, creamy and filling.
Yous in Health,
P.S. Please share this delicious recipe with your friends and I welcome your comments below.
You may also be interested in: