Look, it’s no secret that regular exercise is a hallmark of a healthy lifestyle.
Regular workouts boost the immune system, promote cardiovascular health, reduce stress, increase stamina and energy, and offer a whole host of other benefits.
But let’s focus for a minute on your body’s largest organ—your skin. Regular physical activity brings with it at least eight ways your skin rewards you for working out.
1. Gives you radiant, glowing skin! Exercise promotes healthy circulation that allows the blood access to the skin bringing fresh supplies of oxygen and nutrients to the cells. When you exercise you look and feel better!
2. Keeps the skin looking younger. Regular exercise can slow down and even reverse the aging process according to researchers at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada. Exercise helps you maintain soft, supple skin.
3. Gets rid of cellulite. Cellulite is nothing more or less than fat! The older we get, the more prone we are to develop cellulite. Targeted exercises can make that fat disappear, leaving the skin smooth and firm.
4. Removes dirt and grime. When you sweat, dirt and grime that’s trapped in your pores surfaces. Shower or cleanse your skin immediately following a workout to remove those toxins and impurities.
5. Muscle tone makes skin look great! Skin conforms to whatever is beneath it. Fat is soft and formless so your skin takes on its contour. But with firm, toned muscles skin displays those instead.
6. Rids the body of harmful chemicals and free radicals. Stress chemicals and free radicals cause inflammation, acne and eczema. But exercise greatly reduces those toxins and can bring relief.
7. Supports the production of collagen. Collagen is a primary building block for the cells and structure of the skin. Collagen reduces wrinkles, reverses aging of skin, tightens skin, plumps up skin and improves its elasticity. Strength training in particular creates new connective tissues that are made of protein that is mostly collagen. Since the body’s natural production of collagen declines with age, exercise becomes even more important as we get older.
8. Helps keep your hormones in balance. When your hormones get out of balance it often shows up on your skin as acne or hives. Keep your hormones happy and in balance by exercising regularly.
How to Promote Healthy Skin through Exercise
Three specific outcomes we need in exercise to improve the health of our skin. You want to:
Improve blood flow
Increase lean muscle mass
Work to a sweat
The options for pursuing those three goals are almost endless. Whether you like to exercise outdoors, at the gym, or at home using techniques that rely on your own body weight, you can achieve these three goals.
Regardless of your preference, you’ll want to combine aerobics with strength training. The key to success in any exercise routine is finding something you enjoy and then sticking with it.
Other tips for a successful exercise plan may include:
♦ Find a partner or group to help keep you accountable and whose company you enjoy.
♦ Listen to music to enhance both your enjoyment and the outcome of an exercise program.
♦ Invest in workout clothes that are comfortable and practical for the kind of workout you pursue.
♦ Get plenty of sleep and combine your exercise program with a healthy eating plan.
♦ Track your progress.
If you’re not already doing so, decide today to begin experiencing all the many health benefits of regular exercise and see for yourself what it will do to give you beautiful, radiant skin!
Yours in Health,
P.S. I hope you will share this with your friends and I love reading your comments below.