Most of you are familiar with the term ”detox” by now. Detoxifying or detox in short is the process of getting rid of toxins that have built up inside your body.
There are a ton of options out there for detoxing. This includes harsh diets and dangerous cleanse programs. Those detoxes can deprive your body of nutrients and can weaken you. This doesn't mean that detox is bad for you though. There are many safe and healthy ways to detox like using detox teas.
4 Reasons to Sip Detox Teas
1. Gentle on your body: Most detox teas come from herbs and spices. You can add them to your daily schedule, without taxing your body. You can detox, and at the same time feel energized with detox teas.
2. Curbs unhealthy snacking: Sipping detox tea everyday can help you resist the urge to snack.
3. Keeps you hydrated: One of the key things in any detox program is to drink plenty of water. Water is a natural cleanser and helps to keep your body hydrated throughout the day. A cup of herbal tea helps you achieve this goal.
4. Variety: Variety is the spice of life. You can choose from a wide variety of detox teas to suit your needs. Whether you want to lose weight or have a healthy digestive system, you have a wide choice.
There's green tea, rooibos, chamomile, milk thistle, peppermint, raspberry and the list goes on and on! Your tastebuds will never get bored
Which is my favorite detox tea and why?
One of my favorite kinds of detox tea is dandelion tea, it's safe and is an effective detox tool. Here's why I favorite dandelion tea when it comes to detox.
1. Liver protector: Your liver is your major detoxifying organ. A liver that functions at its best helps to cleanse your body of toxins on a regular basis.
A study showed that dandelion was effective in protecting the liver from injuries. Researchers concluded that dandelion's antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties are responsible for the protective effect.
2. Rich in antioxidants: Dandelions are high in antioxidants and fight oxidation of bad cholesterol. Oxidation of bad cholesterol results in heart disease and stroke.
In a study on rabbits with high cholesterol, dandelion roots cut the cholesterol levels. It also prevented the oxidation of bad cholesterol and decreased the heart disease risk.
3. Prevents Urinary infections: Due to its diuretic effect, it helps prevent urinary tract infections.
People suffering with kidney stones can benefit from a cup of dandelion tea.Tweet
It's also rich in vitamins A and C which can help fight skin problems and infections too.
There are a few types out there, dandelion leaves, roasted root etc. and as long as the label says your dandelion tea is organic, I say, give it a go!
If you're interested in detoxing your body, here are a few other steps you should take…..
Other ways to detox
- Cut white sugar
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise every day (be sure you sweat!)
- Stay away from refined / processed food
- Do a gentle body scrub everyday
You can also do the full 3 Day Bikini Body Detox I use (yes, it includes dandelion tea and a ton of other delicious and detoxifying foods.)
Keep in mind, no matter the type of detox tea you choose, choose clean foods. If you practice clean eating, detox teas can work well with your system and can be an efficient tool.
Yours in Health,
P.S. Please share this info. with your loved ones and I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.