The #1 Natural Food That Fights Body Fat

If you had to choose just one food to help you lose that stubborn body fat, what would it be?

In my mind, there is no doubt – coconut oil would be it! I’ve got to have a jar in the house at all times. It has so many different uses, but one of the best is to help get rid of that flab.

Even if you’re diligent about working your core, if you have poor eating habits you’ll never get rid of that unsightly fat – on your abs, your butt, your thighs, or anywhere else on your body. About 80 percent of the body’s ability to lose that excess fat is determined by what you eat, with the other 20 percent accounting for physical activity and other lifestyle factors.

So even if you work out all the time, those beautiful muscles will be hidden behind a layer of fat!

Here is how coconut oil can come to the rescue.

Many people think they need to eliminate all fats in order to be fit and trim, but this isn’t true. You do need to stop eating those processed and fast foods filled with unhealthy fats, but getting rid of all fats is one of the worst things you can do.

Eating whole foods that contain healthy fats helps to keep you fuller and more satisfied. One of the biggest reasons for getting off track any weight loss program is hunger pangs, and getting rid of all fatty foods will only result in near constant hunger as well as a slower metabolism.

Foods that are rich in monounsaturated fats like coconut oil will help you burn off that stubborn flab. Extensive research, including one recent study out of Brazil, has found that eating just two tablespoons of coconut oil a day can help shrink that body fat faster than spending hours and hours on the treadmill.

Coconut oil is packed with MCTs, or medium chain triglycerides, which is known to be burned as energy rather than turned into extra flab. Extra virgin, organic coconut oil is rich in lauric acid and caprylic acid which are also known to be utilized for quick energy and they also help to strengthen your immune system to prevent you from becoming ill.

Just make sure you're not eating these so-called “healthy” foods that STOP your body from burning fat.

The study out of Brazil also revealed that those who consumed coconut oil had much better “good,” or HDL, cholesterol levels as compared to those who did not.

In the South Pacific where people naturally eat a lot of coconut oil, most are healthy and trim, even though they are eating a diet that is high in fat. But this is because coconut oil contains natural fat – not polyunsaturated fats which aren’t found in nature. Those types of fat, typically found in processed foods like packaged cakes and cookies are the kind that cause obesity and a wide range of other health problems.

Coconut oil can, and should, be used in place of your of other cooking oils as it can tolerate high heat without being damaged. It can also be a good dairy-free alternative to butter. You can even use it to replace those processed creamers in your coffee.

If you’re serious about wanting to burn that body fat and don’t have a jar of coconut oil, it should really be on the top of your grocery list!

Much love,

Danette May